If you wanna become a Web Developer but you have no idea of Web development then this post is for you.
Because in this post I will share you full guide to become a web developer. I have 2 year experience in web development where I have learnt more then enough technologies which are helping me out to grow fast in web development.
Before going to discuss about How to become a web developer, let me explain What is web deveplement.
Web Development is the process of developing a web application in order to deliver any kind of Online Facility like sharing information, online transactions, online gaming, etc.
Web Development is basically the creation of web application programs that reside on remote servers and are delivered to the user’s device over the Internet.
- 1 How to learn web development?
- 2 How may types of web developers are there?
- 3 What does front-end and back-end web developers do?
- 4 What Does a Web Developer Do All Day?
- 5 How much do web developers make?
- 6 How to become a web developer?
- 6.1 1. Build web developer skills
- 6.2 2. Degree in computer science or web design
- 6.3 3. Learn Web Development Fundamentals
- 6.4 4. Do Some Projects at Home
- 6.5 5. Built a portfolio of web development work.
- 6.6 6. Explore your knowledge & experience with others
- 7 People also ask some questions about Web Development
- 8 Conclusion
How to learn web development?
As per my experience to Learn web development you don’t need any Paid Course. You can learn web development with free materials available across the internet.
Following are the popular & free to access websites where you get basic fundamentals of web development. If you are beginner in learning web development then you should visit following website:
How may types of web developers are there?
According the various type of tasks web developers perform, they are divided into three main categories: back-end developers, front-end developers, and full-stack developers. Some Web developers also works as a Webmaster.
Let’s understand each type of web developer in short:
Front-end web development
Front-end web developers works to develop the user interface thought which user can interact with the website & can access the features of the website.
Back-end web Developer
Back-end web developer works to develop the structure & flow of the website. After performing any action in front-end what should be done in back-end, is the responsibility of back-end developer.
The work of back-end developer is quite hard as compare to front-end developer, but the scope of back-end developer is high.
The scope of Full-stack developer is high. Why? let’s understand.
Full-stack web Developer
Full-stack web developer works to developer both back-end & front-end side of the web application.
These developers have the knowledge to build a complete website and may work for organisations that don’t have the budget for a large website team.
And Obviously, any of the company wants to works in low budget as much possible, so they away like to hire full stack developers.
You don’t need to be perfect in both front-end and back-end. Only be professional in one side, and should have knowledge of another side.
Webmasters are essentially website managers or tester. Their primary responsibility is to keep the website updated & well performed, ensuring that the links and applications on each page work properly.
If any of the mistake found in the website, webmasters immediately informed to the web development team to resolve it.
What does front-end and back-end web developers do?
Front-end web developer tasks & responsibilities:
- preparing the design of website by Working with Graphic, User Experience, or Web Designers
- Structuring a website so that it is easy to find through a search engine. this is part of Search Engine Optimisation or SEO.
- Developing a responsive web design so that it can be compatible with all IOT devices.
- Testing websites and fixing bugs or other issues on front-end
Back-end web developer tasks & responsibilities:
- Back-end developers are works to develop the database & its functionality which are not visible to Intended users so that the Website can response all the requests send through front-end.
- Back-end developers working the various programming languages like Python (Django), SQL, Ruby, PHP, etc.
- Using languages like HTML5, C++, and Java, Developers who focus on app development need to take a few different approaches into consideration such as swiping functionality, scrolling dimensions, and other standardized app design elements.
What Does a Web Developer Do All Day?
On the daily basis there are lot of works of web developers, depending on a number of different factors. Here are a few examples of what a Web Developer do on a daily basis:
- Designing end-user interfaces and navigation menus
- Integrating multimedia content onto a site
- Troubleshooting problems with performance or user experience
- Collaborating with designers, developers, and stakeholders
How much do web developers make?
The Average Web Developers salary in US is approx $70,200, which is 61,24,480.58 in Indian rupees. But in India people get max 10 to 30 lack rupees per annual.
This is just because of the huge difference in currency value which is $1 = Rs 75. That’s why most of the Indian web developers wanna get web projects from USA like highly developed countries.
Any way, How much you earn will depend on many factors, including where you work, what industry you work in, and how much experience you have.
How to become a web developer?
If you’re interested in becoming a web developer, here are some steps you can take:
1. Build web developer skills
To become a web developers, you should have some skill that represent what you can do for Clients in web development.
Employers and clients usually expect web developers to have certain skills that demonstrate their ability to deliver on website requirements.
If you’re interested in becoming web developer, some skills you have to focus on to build a foundation for success.
Now skills are also of two types technical skills and non-technical skills.
- Responsive design: People use a variety of devices to view websites. You should be able to design a responsive web design so that I can be compatible to all the resolutions.
- Technical SEO: The Structure of the website template should be in such a manner that it can be easily rank on search engine. Technical SEO includes website speed, website flow, Home page design, etc.
- Communication: Web developers have to discuss design ideas with clients & team members, so that he/she should be good enough in communication skills.
- Customer service: A web developer creates websites for the client to use and should remain client-focused to achieve the best results.
- Problem-solving: The mindset of any web developer should be be solution oriented rather than problem oriented. They should have the patience and ability to identify problems in the design or coding and solve them in a methodical way.
- Detail-oriented: Little details, like a small change in code, can make a big difference in how a website performs.
- Fast & Efficient: The People always prefer to hire those web developers who are fast in development & the task performed by them is accurate & efficient as well.
2. Degree in computer science or web design
You can get web development project, if your elders or friends already in this field. But if you want to get Web project on your own then you should complete Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Design, so that client can easily trust on you & your skills.
3. Learn Web Development Fundamentals
You don’t need to explore online courses for learning web development. There are lot of website, provide you free web development guides which I have mentioned in How to Learn web development? section of this post.
4. Do Some Projects at Home
If you get good degree collage then don’t worry you will get much better experience in web development with the last year project.
But I tell you with my experience, that you should complete any of the web project on your own, so that you will get the actual feeling & experience of professional web developer.
The more project you do, more experience you will get. The overall development you can do by completing some projects with your own efforts.
You can take help of GitHub, where you get hundreds of project’s source code for free.
I will share you my personal projects with my upcoming posts so keep in touch with me.
5. Built a portfolio of web development work.
Do some projects on your own and mention then in your resume, so that you can easily get Job in MNC’s web development.
As a web developer, your portfolio is often one of the most important parts of your resume. This collection of projects shows potential employers what you’re capable of creating. Include the types of projects that represent the work you’d like to do.
6. Explore your knowledge & experience with others
This is my personal point of learning web development, that you should share your experience with your juniors, so that you will get more fluency & confidence in web projects presentation.
If you have budget of at least $8 to $10 then purchase a domain & share your articles to people so that you will get popularity and experience in presentation skills.
I will learn to much through this technique, so you can try it.
People also ask some questions about Web Development
Do Web Developers Work From Home?
Yes, many Web Developers work from home. The nature of the job gives Web Developers the ability to work remotely, or anywhere with an internet connection, but depending on the kind of work, you’ll be presented with different employment options, including:
- Contract work
- Working full-time
- Freelance work
Many freelance Developers work for themselves and do so remotely from home.
What Soft Skills Do we Need to Become a Web Developer?
Following are the Soft Skills you should have to become a web developer:
- Time Management
Can I become a Web Developer without a degree?
Yes, definitely. But you should have experience and some self developed projects. Many people do freelancing in web development and generate a good amount of income.
One the basics are clear you can start to do some easy web development projects. keep questioning about web development so that will gradually clear about all aspects to become a web developer.
How does it take to become a Web Developer?
There is no limitation of Back end development so keep on learning back end technologies.
Today we have learn How to become a web developer? with complete guide. I will share you more about web development so keep in touch with me.
But I tell you one thing that success doesn’t come overnight.
Everything in web development takes time to learn, so keep learning and Best of Luck!
Thanks for Visit!